Monday 15 June 2009

Possibly Just Wasted An Hour And A Half Of My Life- And Yeah, Get Over It

The acting was great, the story line, fine, but the directing maybe not so much. I just saw 'Drag Me To Hell', and although it was a fun day out with one of my best friends (a lot of girly screaming and hiding being our hands in the back row) I was rather disappointed. In my view, a scary film must have a longer lasting effect of fear for longer than just while you're in the cinema. I don't like the feeling of being scared- it doesn't give me a particular thrill- but it is the sign showing you've just watched a good movie. With this film, although it had quite a few jumpy moments, towards the end the scary tactics just became laughable. I mean, seriously, a fake possessed goat calling a pretty young lady a 'whore', its a big no no for the horror genre.
Okay, it wasn't the best of films, but I try to look at the bright side and say I enjoyed the time I got to spend with my friend. So, I wont look at the bad side and I wont regret what I have done today. I just wont do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment